Career Position: HIM Data Specialist I
|Department:||Health Information Management|
|Job Description:||Under direct supervision, perform duties associated with medical record completion and maintenance of patientís protected health information according to Medicare guidelines and the policies and procedures of SSCBR.
1. Pick up medical records and loose reports from various hospital departments
2. Log selected reports/consents, write medical record/account number on report and file appropriately
3. Assemble and analyze all inpatient and outpatient records
4. Create medical record folders
5. Enter medical record deficiencies into the hospital computer system
6. File medical records and loose reports
7. Answer telephone and fulfill requests in a timely manner
8. Pull and prepare medical records for scanning
9. Perform all other duties as assigned
|# Open Positions:||1|
|Job Duration:||Full Time|
|Qualifications:||High School diploma or equivalent with one year of hospital medical record experience preferred.
Computer literacy, data input with close attention to detail, heavy filing, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
|Education Preferred:||High School Diploma/GED|
|Experience Preferred:||1 year|