Career Position: Inpatient Case Manager (20-24hr/wk)
|Job Description:||1. Performs Case Management duties according to SSCBR Policy and Procedures including discharge planning.
2. Maintains open communication and collaborative relationships between hospital departments, staff, and physicians to coordinate optimal patient care.
3. Works closely with the Admissions Department to assure patients are in the right Patient Type in CPSI.
4. Maintains a good rapport with the physicians in order to resolve patient status issues.
5. Prints the OR Schedule daily/weekly to ensure that all surgeries are scheduled in the correct patient type (IP or OP) and contacts Admissions and physicians as necessary. Sends email to appropriate departments daily or as requested regarding scheduling errors.
6. Supports activities and processes that optimize patient and family satisfaction. Involves the patient, significant other, family, and other healthcare personnel as appropriate.
7. Identifies and coordinates the need for further assistance by other disciplines.
8. Consults physicians for clarification of diagnoses when information in the medical records is ambiguous, unclear or conflicting.
9. Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every age group
10. Provides individualized education to patients and families; documents discharge education needs as appropriate
11. Initiates discharge plans and arranges referrals to post-acute providers when needed
12. Identifies issues with reimbursement, length of stay, or documentation to appropriate person; reports any issues with Inpatient Director
13. Completes Case Management CQI monthly report in a timely manner.
14. Reads outside resource material, as required, to stay abreast of case management changes.
15. Communicates to manager any scheduling issues as they arise.
16. Responds promptly to requests from Administration and other departments.
17. Assists Inpatient Director with other tasks related to the department within scope of practice.
|# Open Positions:||1|
|Job Duration:||Part Time|
|Qualifications:||RN or LPN licensure required. 2 years prior experience with inpatient case management/utilization review preferred. LA Registered Nurse in good standing. BLS Certified, CPR, ACLS, PALS required. Case Management certification preferred.|
|Education Preferred:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Experience Preferred:||2 years|