SSCBR Career Opportunities
Following is a list of current career opportunities at Surgical Specialty Center . Most opportunities can be applied for online.
Please select the details button for more information.
( This page was updated on 11/25/14 )
- Floor Tech (Full Time)
Full Time or Part Time Evening Shift Position.
Clean floors in patient and non-patient areas according to established techniques and procedures. Perform a variety of duties requiring special skills and physical strength, to maintain the aseptic and aesthetic condition of the hospital/clinic. Perform all other related work assignments according to developed techniques and procedures.
- Radiologic Tech - OR (Full Time)
The following positions are currently available:
- Full Time
1. Identifies patient using two identifiers, patient name and date of birth.
Verifies informed consent.
2. Corroborates patientís clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
3. Prepares patient for procedures; providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety.
4. Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort.
5. Selects and operates radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
6. Applies principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
7. Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture. In agreement with state statute(s) and/or hospital policy, prepares, identifies and/or administers contrast media and/or medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
8. Evaluates radiographs for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
- Clinical Informatics (Full Time)
-Collaborates with medical staff for assistance with computerized order entry.
-Serves as educator/trainer for all levels of medical/clinical staff on the appropriate use of information technology with an EHR.
-Promotes efficient and effective patient care through the use of information technology systems.
-Analyzes and communicates the potential impact of Information Technology on clinical workflow/processes; coordinates clinical process/workflow improvements to align with the organizationís Information Technology initiatives.
-Maintains data integrity by performing routine reviews and audits of computerized clinical information and processes.
-Performs basic troubleshooting of computer hardware/software used by medical/clinical staff for computerized charting in order to promote workflow continuity.
-Assists with planning and implementation of information technology that impacts clinical areas.
- Inpatient Unit RN (Full Time)
- Full Time Day Shift
1. The Registered Nurse will possess the ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and accurately document nursing care for
the medical-surgical patient including pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups.
2. The Registered Nurse will provide age-specific care for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population in a
3. Coordinates all aspects of nursing care with appropriate disciplines.
4. The Registered Nurse must possess the skill to provide appropriate education to the patient/family regarding their
individualized plan of care.
5. The Registered Nurse must be competent in fulfilling discharge planning and case management needs of the medical-surgical patient.
6. Provides a safe environment for patients and families.
7. The Registered Nurse participates in performance improvement activities.
8. Displays excellent customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, co-workers and physicians.
- OR Director (Full Time)
Plan, organize, staff and direct a high-volume OR with multiple service lines. Design staff scheduling that meets the needs of patients as well as multiple physician service lines. Manage budget and develop OR programs and policy as well as staff development. Must keep current with management practices and current trends in service delivery. Develop and implement quality assurance programs and evaluate the effectiveness of such plans. Must be flexible with duty hours.
- PREOP RN (PRN)
6:00am start, flexible shifts, PRN.
The Registered Nurse will posses the ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and accurately document nursing care for the pre-operative or pain management patient in the pre-op unit.
The Registered Nurse will provide age-specific care for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population in
the pre-op environment.
Coordinates all aspects of nursing care with all disciplines of the pre-operative and pain management team to achieve defined patient outcomes.
Provides safe environment for patients and family.
The Registered Nurse must possess the skill to provide appropriate education to the patientís family regarding their individualized plan of care.
Displays excellent customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, co-workers and physicians.
Practices within the guidelines of Louisiana State Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act and ASPAN guidelines.
Complies with the policy and procedures set forth by the Surgical Specialty Center of Baton Rouge and all applicable regulatory bodies.
Thank you for inquiring about our careers and employment opportunities. If you are relocating to Baton Rouge, please visit our Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce for information about our city.